Saturday, December 29, 2007

*The passing of Jason's Dad

~The week before Christmas our brother 'n law Jason Check lost his father "Chuck" to lung disease. Jason has many traits from his father that he attributed to him-including a very soft heart. Our condolences go out to Jason (his step mom Cindy, brother Doug), Tiffany, Emmie & Ava. 
~Tim & I were able to attend the funeral & I was privileged to accompany Emmie, Ava, Sophie & Taylor as they sang "I am a Child of God." It was so sweet and the music brought the spirit so strong into the meeting...so much so that my watery eyes of tears blurred my music. It was endearing to see those who were not members of the church applaud the song as you could see how moved they were by it. 
~We hope that all those who are mourning this loss will be comforted by the Holy Ghost, feel the love of their Father in Heaven & Savior Jesus Christ & that it will develop or strengthen their testimony of the Gospel.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so sad. I can honestly feel the Spirit just reading your post. It sounds like he was a pretty special man.