Monday, November 5, 2007

*Take time to smell the "roses!"

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
*When you looked at this picture what did you see FIRST?...be honest.; the flowers or the fast paced city life. I think we can all agree that we live in a busy, always moving, changing world! Sometimes I know I am so focused on what I have to or just want to do, that I forget to stop and look right in front of me at the "roses."
Things like: my kids laughing as they wrestle together, the smell of the crisp fall air, the smile from my new neighbor, the chirping birds, sweet Spencer telling the same joke for the 5th time, Daylan's attempt to go on the toilet & his scrunchie eye smile, my husband's offer to rub feet, Kaylea's 7th picture of the day she drew just for me; All the things I LOVE yet might look past! Not to mention all our daily gifts from God that we can't see because our vision is so out of focus! *I will try this next week to FOCUS on the important things that are right in front of me!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Can I just Copy and Paste that on my blog??? I LOVED reading this. Your still one of my favorite bloggers (and Ive been doing alot of stalking lately)

Tracey said...

Wow... well said, that is exactly what i needed to hear right at the moment! You always have such inspiring quotes for me. I will keep this in mind this afternoon when my kids come thru the door!! Thanks for the post.

Lundell Family said...

That was just perfectky said!!! That is how my halloween ended. Just remebering what was really important.

♥ Natalie said...

You are so great, Audra. Loved reading your thoughts.

Jen-ben said...

Such a cool picture!! Thanks for that!

A day in the life of the Campbell's said...

INSPIRING!!

Swirls of Happy said...

LOVE this post!!!! Thank you for the reminder.....I needed that :)

Miken Harding said...

Great reminder! I love smelling the roses-especailly after my 4 knee surgeries, I always slow down and take time to smell them now and thank Heavenly Father. You'll be amazed by the blessings that come from stopping and taking a pause in life:)