Sunday, August 16, 2009

Jaxson's Blessing Day

"He took them up in his arms, put his hands upon them, and blessed them." 
Hi Everyone!...Let me tell you about my special day.
The morning of Sunday, August 2nd my mom put me in this white fancy outfit. I wondered what the occasion must be. We arrived as usual to church but I thought something was up when we showed up "on time." My mom burped me as she walked into the chapel...bad move!... cuz I spit up all over her as she walked through the doors. (When will she learn?) 

~Walking in I saw lots of people that love me- like my cousins, aunts, uncles and grandparents. This is cool I thought... After singing hymns, the prayer & sacrament it was then my time. It became very quiet & before I knew it I was being carried to the front of the chapel. Hey...everyone's looking at me! Well I do like being the center of attention you know! My dad was holding me and looking up I saw my Uncle Tommy, Uncle Mason, Uncle Jason, Great-Uncle Toby, Grandpa Lonnie & Grandpa Tom looking down at me smiling.
~They started to bounce me up & down a little...I guess they thought it would be fun for me....it was. My dad began to say a special prayer~a priesthood blessing just for me. I was excited to hear what he would say. I was blessed with many things; heavenly gifts that would bless me throughout my life.

~After church all the family came over to our new house. Grandma Kathy & Mom made some yummy sweet pork burritos. There were 13 of my 20 cousins there, my grandmas, grandpas,  my aunts, uncles, even 2 great-aunts, my mom's cousins, & great Grandma Porter. (Missing was Uncle Danny, Uncle Brian's family, Aunt Lacey, Grandpa Ron & Aunt Stephanie's family.)
~After dinner, the family gathered into the Family Room and watched a video that my Mom had made for me. It made peoples eyes kinda teary...so I hear; I was sleeping soundly in the swing so I just listened but had seen it made over the course of the few weeks before. It told the story of how by brothers & sister had prayed for me to come this family. They had waited too long and could not wait any longer. Heavenly Father answered their prayers readily when I came to mommy's tummy soon after.
  I LOVE being here on Earth!
God will send aid to no one more readily
 than He will send it to a child 
and to the parent of a child.

  ~Jeffrey R. Holland

7 comments:

Ezra, Kian & Eden said...

And we are sooooooo glad you are here Jax!

Jamie said...

Yup, he looks like one of your kiddos for sure, Audy! What a sweetheart! Sounds like you all had such a lovely, special day.

The Ashlocks said...

He is so adorable!! Sounds like a great day!

Rusten,Danae & Munchkins said...

We're related...or as I like to think great minds think alike!! I actually bought those ties for a wedding too! :) too funny!!

Lacey said...

awwww, he is seriously so stinkin cute! I wish I could have been there, I heard it was a special day. It is amazing how different he looks when just even a couple of weeks go by

Kristi said...

Oh my goodness! Those pictures of little Jax are so adorable. What a special day for him (and you). Congrats!

Lundell Family said...

The way you wrote that sweet blog did bring tears to my eyes. You sure have a way with words. He is so adorable and that was a really nice day