Sunday, August 1, 2010

Laguna Beach....




Recently we took our Summer Family Trip to Laguna Beach. Over the last 5 or 6 years we have been lucky enough to visit a couple times each year as Tim's parents have had a home there. Well those days have sadly come to an end because they are moving have moved to Queen Creek. Good news is that they'll be closer to us...really close. Bad news is we have no place to stay now...meaning we won't be back anytime soon.

(Do you want to squish those cheeks or what?)
We packed up the family & car and headed to Laguna with Aunt Lacey in tow. We should have brought their dog "Bear" with us but didn't realize it until it was too late...something I'll always regret not doing.  
{refer to "Bear" post}


When we arrived, it was what the locals call "June-Gloom"; Overcast, drizzly weather although it was now well into July. People kept apologizing for the weather....almost comical to us.

Being the native Valley Arizonans that we are, we were in hog heaven enjoying the cool, cloudy, chilly weather. We even got to wear long sleeves & were loving it!


Some things we will miss in Laguna Beach:
~The Fantastic Beach access~!
~The feel of cool ocean water on your feet...
~Falling Asleep to the sounds of the Ocean~
~Jumping the Waves~!...Can you see Spencer's head?


Jax loving {~The Indoor Pool~}
The kids will surely miss this!
~Getting Hit By Waves~...will only kinda miss that!
~Cute boys showing off their muscles~
~Enjoying the View~


~Making Sand Creations~ with Cousins & watching the WAVES wash them away!
How precious is he...?
What's my Mom doing?
While in Laguna, my 31st Birthday came & went. It was a good day as the kids played at Grandmas while Tim took me out. We grabbed crepes for Breakfast, got foot massages, shopped a little & saw the movie Eclipse (I had a lot of the 1 liners memorized & talked along with the movie.-Reminded me of our first date almost 12 years ago when I quoted half the play. Annoying-but I can't help it!) When Tim & I got back, we took all the kids down to The Beach of course and spent the evening down there.


Later that night, the kids, cousins & I celebrated with chocolate cake made by Tim. I also opened my plethora of cards like this cherished one:

(I have a tail...)
...so I'm pretty much famous
My inlaws lived in this particular house for about a year & a half. It was one of Elvis' homes back in the day. The coolest part of the house is this bell on the back deck that looks over the ocean. Supposedly Elvis would ring this bell when he saw a girl down on the beach that he wanted to come up the beach steps and meet.

{As you can see, over the course of the days the Sun came out

And as you can see- So did the People!}

'So Long Laguna Beach
Hope to see you sometime soon-
...before I'm 50.








4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Cute post... wish we would have made it to Laguna this year! Hope you doing good! Love ya! xoxo

Tracey said...

Love your pictures! I am going to miss Laguna so much. Cute post.

the michael family said...

Happy Birthday!!

Ezra, Kian & Eden said...

So sad! I remember when my folks sold their place in Laguna...I've never been back and it's been 4 years. I've been to other beaches but they just aren't the same!

Your last trip there looks so fun. What a perfect place to celebrate your b-day! And of course Jax is just about one of the cutest beach bums I've ever seen!