Wednesday, September 5, 2007

*"Coolness" fading....

*So I know these look like posed pictures, but I caught Spence in the middle of something major happening in his life...his "coolness" was going away!..or so that's what he told me.
*This is him & his friend "K" that he spent alot of time with this summer. Now normally Spence is my pretty mild-mannered child.

*Well not on this day...after wearing a helmet for the last few years..he just all of the sudden decided that was to happen no more. He flat out said: "Mom-I'm not wearing my helmet...it makes my COOLNESS go away!!" (My son normally could care less what people thought of him, so I think this new attitude is emerging from the 2nd grade!) Just look at that stomping of the foot & the precious little pout. Of course when I started laughing, that didn't help his anger. *He'll laugh about this too some day...hopefully sooner than later.

5 comments:

brittany said...

haha thats funny. I think your still cool spence!

Stephanie said...

Your the coolest 7 year old I know. Your the only kid I know that knows how to break dance.

Jen-ben said...

So cute! Spencer is getting so big! Well, all of your kids are, and so adorable. So, can you post some pics of your house?? You always decorate so cute! Share!

sarajane said...

haha thats cute. spence youre cool in my book!

The Evans Family said...

that is so sad when they start caring about what other people think, and questioning whether they are good enough, smart enough, cool enough.....with parents like you and tim he'll get the direction and reasurance he needs!