Monday, September 8, 2008

*Danny's Baptism

*I wanted to do a little post on my brother Danny. He is serving a church mission right now in South Korea. This summer he baptized a man named Ham Byoung Il.

I can only imagine as he baptized this man and experienced the joy that is spoken of in the scriptures. 

"And if it so be that you should labor all your days..... and bring save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the Kingdom of my Father." 
~Doctrine & Covenants 18:15

I know that even if this is his only baptism, his 2 years will be SO worth it. We are so proud of Danny and know the Korean people are being blessed by his presence. We can't wait to have him back in January!

6 comments:

Callie said...

I love that! That scripture is one that motivated me alot on my mission. Even if a missionary doesn't baptize a single person that scripture still applies - the missionary himself becomes that "soul" and how great shall be his joy...You are right, your brother is touching lives, and gaining experiences that he can't anywhere else! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Hey Audra,
Where is Danny serving in Korea? Brig wanted to know and I couldn't remember. Brig is feeling all nostalgic since that is where he served. :)

Stephanie said...

Oh man I miss him! Thanks for the post ...I hadn't seen that picture.

AudyCamp said...

I know I miss him too. Remember steph when we were in the j.smith memorial building and you couldn't let him go...you had to run back again to him. aw...tears! I can't wait till we're all together again.:)

A day in the life of the Campbell's said...

cute..looks like "quoataion" marks around them. I know it is just lights....Danny looks a little uncomfortable, but the korean guy doesn't and that's a good thing.(since he's the one getig baptized)

Nana said...

Danny looks great - wow, the memories! Thanks for posting! Love you all, Aunt Sandy