Monday, June 23, 2008

A Strong Woman~Emma


~A few weeks ago was a rarity as my Mom, me and my 3 sisters were all together. We had a girls afternoon and we went out to lunch & then on to see the movie out "Emma Smith~My Story." I had cried off all my makeup by the end of the movie and my sister even said I was crying out loud..(but I don't remember that.) Anyways the point is that it was a great little movie that shows life of Joseph and Emma Smith together from her perspective. It doesn't go in to much detail about certain aspects of some things but definitely gives you an idea of what she went through as the wife of Joseph. I surely see her as one who suffered so much and was given many trials as were prophets of old. She was not perfect and made mistakes, but I will tell you this that I honor her for the many, many things that she did as a mother, a wife, & a strong woman who did SO much for the church and sacrificed more than any other member I've ever heard of before. The very end of the movie displayed these final words that Emma spoke before her death which were..."Joseph, Joseph, I'm Coming!"

4 comments:

Swirls of Happy said...

I LOVE it!!! I want to see that so bad...and don't worry, I would be crying out loud too :) Glad you guys had fun, cute pic!

{Taylor} said...

I wanted to see that movie, it probably is not playing over here. I am sorry you did not get a cd made before you left - i have some really cute pictures of all your kiddos. We miss having you, did you figure your housing issue out?

Frolicking Night Owl said...

sounds like a good one ... i might have to track it down and watch it sometime.

Anonymous said...

Just reading this post made me cry, man Audy I love that you wear your emotions on your sleeve and are not afraid to cry when you are touched by the spirit. I am the same way, I have a couple friends that seem to think it is dumb when people cry, but I honestly can't control it when I am moved by things like that. I love you, hope things are going well.