Saturday, February 2, 2008

*True Valentines Together Again*

~Gordon & Marjorie Hinckley~


President Hinckley speaking of his wife a few years ago:

"May I be personal for a moment? I sat at dinner across the table from my wife the other evening. It was fifty-five years ago that we were married in the Salt Lake Temple. The wondrous aura of young womanhood was upon her. She was beautiful, and I was bewitched. Now, for more than half a century, we have walked together through much of storm as well as sunshine. Today neither of us stands as tall as we once did. As I looked at her across the table, I noted a few wrinkles in her face and hands. But are they less beautiful than before? No, in fact, they are more so. Those wrinkles have a beauty of their own, and inherent in their very presence is something that speaks reassuringly of strength and integrity and a love that runs more deeply and quietly than ever before."

.....and this is why we Loved our Prophet So Much!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Couldn't have said it better. There's is definitely a reunion I would have love to seen!

Aleia said...

goosebumps! This weekend was tender with the Prophets funeral and testimonys at church yesterday.