Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sabbath Thought:

*This morning Tim & I spoke in church. I actually hadn't spoken in quite a while & with my pregnancy emotions I was a little nervous. All went well though. I thought I'd put a little blip of my talk on here as the Sabbath Thought for the day. We were told to speak on any aspect of Jesus Christ.
 
Here are a couple of the quotes & scriptures I used:

(I referenced this article various times in my talk):


Elder Ballard stated this:   "In the eyes of the Lord, there may be only ONE size of audience that is of lasting importance—and that is just ONE, each one, you and meand each one of the children of God. The irony of the Atonement is that it is infinite and eternal, YET it is applied individually, ONE person at a time." 

...Brothers and sisters, I believe that IF we could TRULY UNDERSTAND the Atonement of the Lord Jesus Christ, WE WOULD REALIZE HOW PRECIOUS IS ONE SON OR ONE DAUGHTER OF GOD.

...We would strive to EMULATE the Savior and would NEVER be unkind, indifferent, disrespectful, or insensitive to others."


Christ searched for the ONE & taught us to do the same in Luke 15:1-5. 

  1 Then drew near unto him all the apublicans and sinners for to hear him.
And the Pharisees and scribes murmured, saying, 'This man receiveth sinners, and eateth with them.'
3 ¶ And (Christ) spake this parable unto them, saying,
  4 What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine ain the wilderness, and go after that which is blost, until he find it?
  And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing.

2 comments:

Raich said...

thats cool that you both could speak... they don't do that here...what do you do with your kids? anyways, i like your new sabbath thought tradition... your so nifty

AudyCamp said...

yea kinda weird we both spoke huh...i don't know if it's cuz we are one of the "new" families with the ward split or what.. cuz usually it's not that way here either. My mom & Sara came to listen so they sat with the kids.